Effective Date: January 1, 2021
What About International Users?
YOUR INFORMATION MAY BE MAINTAINED ON AND TRANSFERRED TO COMPUTERS LOCATED OUTSIDE OF YOUR STATE, PROVINCE, COUNTRY OR OTHER GOVERNMENTAL JURISDICTION WHERE THE PRIVACY LAWS MAY NOT BE AS PROTECTIVE AS THOSE IN YOUR JURISDICTION. IF YOU ARE LOCATED OUTSIDE THE UNITED STATES AND CHOOSE TO PROVIDE INFORMATION TO US, WE TRANSFER PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THE UNITED STATES AND PROCESSES IT THERE. YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES AND YOUR SUBMISSION OF SUCH INFORMATION EACH REPRESENTS YOUR CONSENT TO THAT TRANSFER
What Information Do We Collect?
In connection with certain aspects of the Services, we may request and collect Personal Information as well as other information in connection with your use of, and access to, the Services. We collect the following types of information from our users.
Information Collected Automatically: We also receive and store certain types of information whenever you interact with the Services. We automatically receive and record information in our server logs from your browser, including your IP address, search queries, cookie information, mobile device identification and the listings and pages you request. We also record the details of your activity on the Services. This information may be used by us to develop new services or improve the Services.
Information Collected from Third Parties: If you choose to register on our Site or otherwise link your Avanti account with a third party’s service (such as Facebook), we may receive the same type of information we collect from you (described above) directly from those services. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, employment information, social media networking and imprints or fraud detection information, from third party partners and service providers and combine it with other information that we have about you.
Aggregate Information: We collect statistical information about how both users, collectively, use the Services ("Aggregate Information"). Some of this information is derived from Personal Information. This statistical information is not Personal Information and cannot be tied back to you. This type of aggregate data enables us to figure out how often users use parts of the Services so that we can make the Services appealing to as many users as possible, and improve the Services. As part of this use of information, we may provide aggregate information to our partners about how our users, collectively, use our site. We share this type of statistical data so that our partners also understand how often people use their services and the Services, so that they, too, may provide you with an optimal online experience.
How Do We Use Your Information?
In addition to the uses set forth above, we may use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any Personal Information:
- to present the Services and its contents to you;
- to provide you with information or services that you request from us;
- to fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it;
- to contact you regarding the Services or your account;
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection;
- to notify you about changes to the Services or any services we offer or provide though the Services;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of the Services;
- to conduct research and development for the improvement of the Services, the development of new services and offerings and in connection with our business;
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information; or
- for any other purpose with your consent.
How, And With Whom, Is My Information Shared?
Third Party Partners and Service Providers. We may receive additional information about you, such as demographic data, employment information, or fraud detection information, from third party partners and service providers and combine it with other information that we have about you. We work with third party partners and service providers to perform Services on our behalf, and we may share your Personal Information, such as your email address, with such partners and service providers to help us provide the Services.
Email Communications with Us and Other Users: As part of the Services, you may occasionally receive email and other communications from us, such as communications relating to promotions we are offering through the Services. You acknowledge and agree that by posting information on or through the Services, or requesting that we do so on your behalf, we and our Agents, the landlords, tenants, buyers or sellers relevant to your request for Services, and others may send you e-mail, contact you or engage in other communications that they determine in their sole discretion relate to your profile or use of the Services. You may opt-out of receiving communications from us by following the instructions included with such emails, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org, but then you may not have access to certain features of the Services. Note that this opt-out only applies to messages from Avanti and not third parties. In addition, we and others you interact with through the Services may wish to send you a house-warming gift or other expression of appreciation, and you acknowledge and agree that we may share your Personal Information with such persons, or use your Personal Information for such purposes.
Information Shared with Our Agents: We contract with people and other entities, including our independent contractor licensed real estate salespersons and brokers, that may offer or provide services to you ("Agents"). We may share Personal Information with our Agents in connection with their provision of services to you related to the sale, purchase, lease or financing of properties and the advertising and marketing of such properties and related services. You hereby consent to our sharing of Personal Information with our Agents.
Information Disclosed Pursuant to Business Transfers: In some cases, we may choose to buy or sell assets. In these types of transactions, user information is typically one of the transferred business assets. Moreover, if we, or substantially all of our assets, were acquired, or if we go out of business or enter bankruptcy, user information would be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquirer of us or our assets may continue to use your Personal Information as set forth in this policy.
Information We Share in Connection with the Services Performed for You: The information you provide, including, without limitation, your profile information, search criteria, user name, email, address, and co-habitant information, may be used to facilitate and provide the services for you and transactions within the Services. This may include, without limitation, sharing your Personal Information with potential landlords, owners, co-brokers, our Agents and our third party partners and service providers, as applicable, to your request for Services; and if you are landlord or owner, we may also share your Personal Information (such as name, listing address, etc.) to potential tenants, buyers, co-brokers, our Agents and our third party partners and service providers, as applicable, in connection with the Services.
Information We Share with Your Consent: Except as set forth above, you will be notified when your Personal Information may be shared with third parties, and will be able to prevent the sharing of this information.
Tracking Disclosures: We may use tracking technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking). We will comply with web browser “do not track” signals that you may set in your web browser regarding the collection of personal information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or online services.
- We will only use access to read, write, modify, or control Gmail message bodies (including attachments), metadata, headers, and settings to provide a web email client that allows users to compose, send, read, and process emails and will not transfer this Gmail data to others unless doing so is necessary to provide and improve these features, comply with applicable law, or as part of a merger, acquisition, or sale of assets.
- We will not use this Gmail data for serving advertisements.
- We will not allow humans to read this data unless we have your affirmative agreement for specific messages, doing so is necessary for security purposes such as investigating abuse, to comply with applicable law, or for our internal operations and even then only when the data have been aggregated and anonymized.
Is Personal Information About Me Secure?
You need to prevent unauthorized access to your account and Personal Information by selecting and protecting your password appropriately and limiting access to your computer and browser by signing off after you have finished accessing your account. We endeavor to protect account information to ensure that it is kept private; however, we cannot guarantee the security of any account information. Unauthorized entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors, may compromise the security of user information at any time. We otherwise store all of our information, including your IP address information, using industry-standard security techniques. We do not guarantee or warrant that such techniques will prevent unauthorized access to information about you we store, Personal Information or otherwise.
What Information Can I Access?
We may allow you to access certain information about you for the purpose of viewing, and in certain situations, updating that information. This list will change as the Services change. When you update information, however, we often maintain a copy of the unrevised information in our records. You may request deletion of your account by sending an e-mail to our webmaster at email@example.com. Please note that some information may remain in our records after deletion of your account.
Collection of Personal Information
When Consumers access the Avanti websites, use Avanti services, contact Avanti, or visit one of our physical locations, we collect the following Personal Information.
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information about consumers.
In the preceding 12 months, we have not sold Personal Information about minors.
Right to Know About Personal Information Collected, Disclosed, or Sold
You have the right to request that Avanti disclose the Personal Information it collects, uses, and discloses about you to third parties. There are two types of Right to Know requests you can make:
- Right to Know (Categories of Information): Upon verifiable request, you will receive the following information about you:
- Category of personal information collected,
- Categories of sources from which that information was collected,
- The business or commercial purpose(s) for which the information was collected,
- The categories of third parties to whom Avanti sold or disclosed the category of personal information for a business purpose, and
- The business or commercial purpose for which Avanti sold or disclosed the category of personal information.
- Right to Know (Specific Pieces of Information Request): If you make a Right to Know (Specific Pieces of Information Request), you will receive the following information about you:
- Specific pieces of Personal Information collected about you.
Avanti does not sell any Personal Information of its consumers. This information will be provided to you free of charge, unless Avanti determines that your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive. You may request this information twice in a 12-month period.
Right of Deletion
You have the right to request that Avanti and our service providers delete any Personal Information about yourself that Avanti has collected from you upon receipt of a verifiable request. This right is subject to exceptions.
You can submit your request by calling us at (202) 265-4663.
Right to Equal Service
Avanti will not discriminate against you because you exercised any of your rights, including, but not limited to, by:
- Denying goods or services to you.
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to you.
- Suggesting that you will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
What If I Have Questions Or Concerns?
If you have any questions or concerns regarding privacy using the Services, please send us a detailed message to firstname.lastname@example.org.